Here’s ANOTHER overheating bug in Apple’s OS X.
This time, it’s the BlueTooth simulator built-in to the iOS Simulator (used every day by iPhone and iPad developers). The iOS5 version of the simulator has this crazy BT demon (process “BTServer”) that will sometimes – for no apparent reason – take up 100% CPU usage and melt your machine.
- Open terminal
- Type: sudo vi “/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator5.0.sdk/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.BTServer.plist”
- NOTE: the inverted commas are required, it seems
- Enter your admin password for the machine (the file is locked to all except admin)
- Use vi to change the 8th line to: <true/>
- NOTE: the line immediately above should be: <key>Disabled</key>