I’ve just posted some screenshots + notes for Reddit’s Screenshot Saturday, for the iPad game I’ve been working on for almost 2 years now.
Doesn’t look like much given how long it’s been in development :(, but I’m hoping it’ll speed up from here!
Along the way, I’ve:
- built the game
- taught myself advanced Quartz / CoreAnimation
- wrote a detailed playable game with AI
- discovered the hard way that Apple doesn’t use hardware-acceleration properly on iPhone/iPad
- threw away the 2D renderer, re-designed the game around OpenGL + 3D
- re-wrote everything in 3D with OpenGL 1.x
- taught myself OpenGLES 2.0
- re-wrote everything with shaders